Anyone who says he or she dislikes reading just hasn’t found the right book yet. There are a thousand different shades to try!
WHY THE FUCK IS TWILIGHT IN THIS PILE.
Because many people enjoy Twilight, despite your personal opinions. Like I said, everyone has a different preference with literature, and expressing hatred of a particular book or series (one that many other people find comfort in) in not only childish, but inspires other people to hide the things they love. And that’s never okay.
francis + his “mary” grin
KRIKOR JABOTIAN Akhtamar Collection 2014
the tudors + costumes: part six
Happy international women’s day! || Women can be strong, or wussy, or emotional, or stoic, or needy, or independent, and still be legitimate people and interesting characteres.
Because we have a release date so I might as well post it, even if things will get tweaked here and there most likely.
1. Gansey dies. He dies as a result of Adam trying to save him/prevent his death. Alternatively (or relatedly): he dies due to his allergy. (In this scenario, Ronan may feel responsible because he may have forgotten to dream an EpiPen for the Dream Pig.) Blue hasn’t kissed him yet though, leading to many questions. His death also either resurrects Noah or solidifies Noah in such a way that he is almost alive again.
2. Cabeswater can be used to travel through time (even outside of the confines of Cabeswater). Ronan and Adam will be the ones to discover this fact.
3. Ronan and Adam go to the barns. This will end up relating back to the mask.
4. Ronan and Adam will be in Cabeswater alone together. This may be at least at first unintentional, due to Ronan dreaming himself there and Adam physically going there. This results in exchanges between them and Aurora, who’s living in a house of sorts likely made by Ronan.
5. There is an evil with Glendower that took Maura and spoke to Blue through Neeve. It possesses/tries to possess one of the gang.
6. Declan finds out about Aurora. It also becomes clear how much Declan knows about Ronan (in all senses).
7. Blue’s father is related to Cabeswater. Is a time traveler/now a tree, once a denizen of Cabeswater. Or the original magician. Or the original Greywaren.
8. Ashley is revealed as working for either Greenmantle or a competitor. Quite possibly, Ashley is related to Greenmantle. She’ll capture Ronan, but his spirit’s in Cabeswater (tree or cavern), per rule of Merlin. (Dream!Kavinsky may play Nimue in this, in keeping his spirit bound.)
9. The group splinters into Gansey/Blue and Adam/Ronan, with Noah caught in the middle. This ends up, in all its messiness, being the final and lasting spark in setting aflame the wild Gansey (specifically: he is sparked by feelings of injustice over being pressured to deny himself Blue out of friendship and service to the group when Adam and Ronan are getting closer in a way that, whether due to magic or romance, blocks Gansey from them). Henry Cheng appears as someone Gansey ends up hanging out with due to this splintering—may help stoke the flames of wild Gansey.
10. Adam and Ronan kiss. Adam does not take it well. Note: The implications of this (future romance, future platonic coming to terms) will be clear in the novel, but are impossible to predict because heteronormativity demands that all gays be unrequited, and
bi people don’t exist (though Kavinsky defies that).It pushes Ronan to want to come out to Gansey, though he probably won’t.
11. Gansey gets closer to Blue. Adam does not take it well. Gansey, actually, does not take it all that well either (see above).
12. We find out how Blue’s family came together.
13. Orla’s attraction to Ronan will come up again. This may lead to Orla being the first person to actually figure out (as opposed to Noah who for my money just knows about everything period) why that is not happening and is never going to happen.
14. All tensions climax in the cave. Someone/multiple someones will be injured in these proceedings.
15. The threat of college begins to hang over their heads.
16. People who will return: Helen, for the usual Gansey chat. Gansey’s parent in a minimal context. Adam’s parents return/are a threat. Malory.
17. Noah’s perspective becomes more important, though we may not get his point of view still.
18. Gansey and Blue are the worst at hiding their feelings.
19. Blue gains some magical insight, even if it’s only into her own power. Relatedly, Blue meets her father/learns about him.
20. The new character we know nothing about but an image reference is found in/through Cabeswater, along with possibly other people and creatures. She may also be the psychic namedropped in book one. Alternatively, said psychic will come up again.
fortune teller said i’d be free
and that’s the day you came to me
The Great Gatsby Costume Design Appreciation Post
friends turned lovers is literally my favorite trope - like, all other tropes can go home.
give me shared inside jokes that date back to wayyyyy before a first kiss was ever shared. give me living together with separate bedrooms until one of them gradually becomes unnecessary. give me confused reactions from people who already assumed the two of them were dating. give me arguments over what counts as an anniversary because should we start at the date we met or the date we became friends or the date we got over our stupid selves and finally started kissing.
give me stories that show the line between friends and lovers is a really, really thin one - that appreciating the friendship that two characters share doesn’t mean you can’t ship them really damn hard too. that you can keep all the awesome friends-being-assholes-to-each-other stuff and add on all the shippy stuff to get something extra special awesome.
give me all of that.
I can dodge a blow or block a knife. I am impervious to poison and know a dozen ways to escape a chokehold or garrote wire. But kindness? I do not know how to defend against that.
i should nOT BE tuRNED ON BY THAT
It’s you. It’s always been you.